Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Igloo Decorating- Spa Day!

Here is what a Spa looks like:
Pretty cool, huh? We had tons of people show up! (by the way, I got a membership on my original account, icypopsicle)
Here are some tips to help you throw your OWN spa!

First of all, a spa day should be relaxing. So how about a pool?
As you can see, I made a pool using waves and blue puffle beds. I also added tiki lights and cool foliage to just make it a very tropical, exotic setting.

A spa should also have some beauty places! So, how about a tanning salon?
Yes, a tanning salon! I made it with two red benches and overhead lights. I also added a palm tree and cool looking pot, so the tanning area wouldn't be so boring.

No spa is complete without makeovers!
I made this by buying three sinks, three tables, and three chairs. I made the sinks on the second option, which is soapy water. Then I made three little stations, and added flowers to just add a little bit of color.

You come to a spa ready to pamper yourself and relax...
So you should have a relaxation room!

Now here, I went simple. Candles and a couch. perfect for relaxing.

Then there has to be a waiting room!

The waiting room is perfect because it fills up that empty place in my igloo. Just a few couches will do. I also added a receptionist are in the bottom right corner, and a tv on my wall, and also some cool string lights, just to jazz up the door. I have my security camera, as I always do, watching the whole igloo.


As for decorations...

Don't over do it. I just added a nice pond and two trees in an empty corner. But like I said, do NOT over do it. You want the spa to be relaxing, not cheesy. But don't do too little. Just make it perfect! Space is good, but not too much space.

As for music, go with a music that is tropical sounding, or relaxing or soothing, but also has a bit of a pop feel to it.

And the finished product:
Everyone had sooooo much fun! And I had fun hosting it! It was a real success! 

So that's how you transform your iggy into a spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment